Dr. J THOMAS NICHOLSON has more than 60 years experience in the medical profession. He has first hand knowledge of good medical practices, and is witness to horrifying mistakes. Dr. Nicholson is keenly aware of rampart medical errors and adverse drug reactions, which could have and should have been avoided. He founded the Society for Iatrogenic Awareness to continue his legacy to save lives.
- Pre-Medical: Chemistry major
- Doctor: Medical College of Virginia
- Internship: District of Columbia General Hospital
- Residency: Anesthesia Georgetown Hospital, Washington D.C. Second year residency, shared with Georgetown in Anesthesia and D.C. General Hospital.
- Rotating experience with Walter Reid Army Hospital Naval Hospital, Bethesda and also National Institute of Health in Bethesda.
- Received a Navy Grant for research on Bone implants.
- Authored Thesis for Post Doctoral Master Degree from Georgetown University, Washington D.C.
- Staff of three hospitals in Puerto Rico, Castaner General Hospital, surgery and anesthesia, Mennonite Hospital, Aibonito, Puerto Rico, Anesthesia.
- Appointed staff recruitment for Anguilla.
Dr. Nicholson returned to his home state in Virginia in a private practice until retirement in Florida as manager of Vacation Homes, and founder of Society for Iatrogenic Awareness.